Bourns, Inc., a leading global supplier of reliable, high quality electronic components and solutions for over seventy-five years, seeks a Product Line Manager - Sensors and Controls
The Product Line Manager (PLM) - Sensors and Controls is responsible for profit and loss for the Sensors and Controls product line with products manufactured by Bourns and sourced by Bourns. Ensures product line’s market competitiveness and develops leadership position in target market segments. Supports marketing and Sales in targeting key customers and develop strategy for growth. Provides matrixed leadership for functions dedicated to the Sensors and Controls product line which includes product engineering, application engineering, and pricing analyst. Develops, formulates and executes the 2 by 5 – 5 Year Strategy plan as well as the Annual Product Plan. Keeps abreast of product, market, customers, technology and applications trends and provides leadership for selection and execution of product development and technology adoption. The PLM will lead the Heavy Vehicle Off Road (HVOR) market plan, through the Business Development Managers whereby we work closely with key leading companies and provide new products and services to these customers and help accelerate our growth in the marketplace.
- Champions and promotes the product line to optimize market share position, sales revenue, and profit in partnership and cooperation with sales and market management functions.
- Develops and executes annual and 5 Year Strategy business plans for the product line.
- Maintains and updates product and technology roadmap.
- Leads and works closely with the HVOR team, to increase our market share, develop new products and services to the key leading customers. Supports the Business Develop Managers in their quest of growing our reputation and sales.
- Drives customer focused culture through the product line.
- Establishes meaningful measurable goals for direct reports and continually reviews performance, recommends pay increases, disciplinary actions and other personnel changes.
- Establishes goals and improvement strategies for model families and product related processes. Manages projects in conjunction with marketing, engineering, manufacturing, and other functions to improve technical performance and cost competitiveness.
- Plans, directs and implements product-related service improvement projects on a worldwide basis to meet geographic and business unit needs.
- Recommends, implements and monitors specific programs to improve overall plant service levels, product costs, and product line competitiveness for all worldwide plants.
- Establishes and maintains complete portfolio of competition including product strategies, product line analysis and competitor product changes. Ensures effective competitive training of the sales organizations and engineering functions.
- Establishes product support and channel growth programs and is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing communications materials and field training.
- Evaluates and approves all proposed engineering changes and coordinates customer approvals when required by following the standard process for Product change notification, Product obsoleteness memo, and product update memo.
- Establishes quality improvement goals and 6 Sigma design models for compliance with LRP objectives and market requirements.
- Provides direction and matrix manages Engineering programs to improve product line competitiveness.
- Evaluates/monitors product line profitability – corrects as necessary.
- Manage product pricing worldwide to optimize volume, market share and profitability.
- Established supplier’s relationship to develop new products that fit product line’s strategy and are competitive in performance and cost.
- Manage product capacity and material planning by accurate forecasting
- Development of individual goals and objectives, annual performance evaluation, and development planning for direct reports.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with an Engineering Degree (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred), or equivalent education, training or experience. Advanced technical degree highly desired.
Must possess excellent interpersonal skills:
- demonstrates independence, resourcefulness and ability to self-motivate
- develops and maintains strong relationships with customers, partners, suppliers and internal departments
- interacts efficiently and positively with customers and assumes a leading role towards closure in negotiations
- demonstrates strong results-oriented management skills, assumes leadership and delegates efficiently
- communicates efficiently, articulates value propositions and effectively marshals direct and indirect resources to achieve their mission
- possesses cultural sensitivity
is flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment and travel frequently
- has a strong work ethic and is culturally sensitive
Excellent communication skills to present information to all levels of employees and customers. Excellent language skills required to communicate instructions and present ideas, concepts, and solutions to all levels of customer organizations as well as within the company.
Excellent written skills to issue instructions, present ideas, concepts, and solutions to all levels of personnel via letters, memos, presentations, graphs, charts, documents, etc.
Must have good time management skills, be able to continually evaluate priorities and make appropriate adjustments. Financial acumen required. Must possess potential to grow into future roles with increasing responsibilities.
As a key member of the TRIMPOT® & SENSORS Division, you will have an opportunity to grow with the company and advance based on your results, performance, and hard work. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to work in an expanding international company. To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Department at: BournsHR.Riv@bourns.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran