Bourns, Inc., a leading global supplier of reliable, high quality electronic components and solutions, offers exciting and challenging careers for growth-oriented professionals. Our goal is to satisfy our worldwide customer base while achieving sound growth with strong application solutions based on technological products of innovative design, superior quality, and exceptional value.
We are seeking an EH&S Coordinator to perform a combination of tasks to coordinate and administer the duties and responsibilities of the EHS (Environmental, Health, and Safety) regulations.
This role has the following accountabilities:
- Internal inspections; assist inspectors from various agencies (City, State and Federal).
- Conducts periodic materials inventory and maintains records; prepares required reports.
- Conducts and coordinates training for hazardous materials, environmental/safety. management topics e.g., Hazard communication, first aid/CPR, lockout/tagout, forklift training.
- Oversee the local hazardous waste management program.
- Oversees the universal waste management program
- Prepares and submits the required documents and reports to address air emissions issues and obtain required permits.
- Oversees the wastewater permit management, testing and mandatory agency and Corporate reporting.
- Monitors chemical inventory and Tier II requirements and required reporting.
- Team member for planning, preparation, training, and response for emergency preparedness/response
- As the Chairperson of the Plant Safety Committee schedule and lead the regular Committee meetings, prepare and publish meeting minutes, and ensure Safety Committee responsibilities are met.
- 11. Secures and updates Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals used in facility.
- Maintains all records for EHS programs.
- Stays current on all EHS regulations affecting Logan operations.
- Maintains the facility security and fire warning system with company provider and control the interface and administrative lists.
- Maintains and control employee identification, entry, and time system interface cards.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you have the right experience along with the ability to work effectively with a globally distributed, multi-culture team we want to talk with you. The right candidate should have the following training and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in a relevant field.
Training and Experience:
- Two or more years of experience in EH&S.
- Proficiency in use of computer software such as MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- A general understanding of all aspects of EH&S.
- Broad understanding of federal, state and local labor laws.
This position is located at the Bourns' Manufacturing Plant in Logan, UT.
As a key member of the Manufacturing Team, you will have an opportunity to grow with the company and advance based on your results, performance, and hard work. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and the ability to showcase your technical acumen. Please apply by e-mailing your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to our hiring office at: BournsHR.Riv@bourns.com
Visit our website at: www.bourns.com. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran